Personality Disorders and Sex
Mar 15, 2013
What determines personality disorders and sexual attributes in a man? This has often led to the most strenuous and the most scientifically studied analysis of all times. Our sexual behaviour depends on psychological, social and other acquired experiences accumulated over a period of time. Heredity is another important factor to determine personality disorders. Here is a list to analyse and diagnose several personality disorders:
- Personality disorders often can be tracked by emotional reactions. The person tends to react in extreme emotional ways. As widely studied, this is the most common trait of a personality disorder. But this needs a certain level of trained minds and medical expertise in order to judge the patient.
- Personality disorders and sex should be studied over a long period of time before drawing the necessary conclusions.
- At times, people suffering from personality disorders reach the state of paranoia more quickly than an average man. This develops due to confusion that they might not initially be able to decipher. Medical expertise often comes handy here as it tries to reassure the patient about their normalcy and put rest to their anxiety.
- Medically, the patient diagnosed with Schizoid Personality Disorder is asexual. Such types of people often tend to avoid sexual contact or intimacy with either a man or a woman and prefers indulging in solitary activities. These people do not get excited by sex. He/she may remain aloof from any physical contact for an indefinite period of time.
- Another personality disorder that affects people is Histrionic Personality Disorder to constantly become a centre of attraction. Such people are extremely dramatic and are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism. People with this disorder usually fail at sustaining relationships. It may be diagnosed more in women because usually attention-seeking behaviour and sexual prowess are less socially acceptable by society. Many people suffer from borderline cases and are not able to figure out until long about where their affiliations lie. Such cases are very vulnerable to societal changes and adaptations and they are not capable to handle any confused response from society at large.
To determine problems being faced, it is always advised to seek professional help.
Read more articles on Sex Problems