How to Exude Confidence on a Date
Jul 04, 2012
If you're lacking confidence on a date, your engagement is most likely to end up sourly. Confidence is an integral part of communication, which becomes utmost important while you are having a dialogue with someone that you don't know very well.
Take a look at some advices on exuding confidence on a date:
- Confidence may come from your smile, friendliness, body language and overall appeal. Work on your eye contact and gestures a day before. Going on a date without any confidence and insecurity will not fetch you a second date. Prepare for your first big date.
- Dressing up for the occasion is important. Be precise when choosing your attire. Put on clothes that look good on you. Don’t experiment with fashion trends in a quest to impress your date. Dress up in a way that you don’t feel insecure or uncomfortable. Never think that wearing comfortable clothes is an excuse for being safe.
- Make sure that you're clean, groomed and smell good. Even if you are brushing your teeth twice a day, consider flossing your teeth before going on a date.
- Don’t try hard to impress your date, or appear suave. Be yourself, but not casual to take anything for granted.
- Even if you’re nervous, don’t show it. Don’t stare at your hands, or look at lap continuously, or fiddle with phone. Your date will immediately know you're lacking in confidence.
- When you are in a dialogue, listen attentively and maintain a good eye contact. Be cautious, staring at her may make her nervous.
- Be punctual. Show up on time, and your punctuality will be noticed.
- Show interest in your date. Let them know that you remember all the details. Remembering details, such as interests and hobbies, will also help conversation to get going.
- Your behaviour in public will show how confident, polite and well-raised you are. Be courteous when negotiating with public you come in contact with. Your rude remarks will ruin your chances of a second date.
Prepare for the date so that everything goes your way. Keeping these tips in mind will help you in that. This might be your chance to find the right person. So, don’t be discouraged with past failures; get ready for the exciting new date.
Read more articles on Dating Tips