Yoga exercises to slim down your face
Jul 17, 2017
- Yoga has immense health benefits to offer.
- It can also help you sculpt your features.
- Take antioxidant vitamins and eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
Yoga provides a great variety of exercises to slim down the face, reduce double chin and tone the jawline. The following are most effective.
- Pull a face: Open your thumbs inside your mouth between your back teeth and the cheeks. Now hold your thumbs about half an inch away from your teeth and, in six small movements, pull back your cheek muscles against the resistance of your thumbs. Hold for five seconds before returning to the starting position and repeat the exercise.
- To tone up the jaw line: place your elbow on a table with your first underneath your chin. Now slide your lower lip up and push it over your top lip towards your nose. Press your tongue against the roof of your mouth and keep increasing the pressure gradually for the account of five seconds. Repeat the exercise.
- Remove a double chin: Lift your chin upwards and tilt your head backwards so that the front of your neck remains taut. Slide your lower lip over your top lip, trying to get the lower lip as close to the nose as possible. Now, smile for five seconds while stroking your neck firmly upwards with your fingers and your palm. Relax for a couple of seconds and repeat the exercise.
- Shaping the lips (Cream needed) This exercise will plump and firm the lips and restore an even lip line. It also firms the muscle about the mouth and nose.
- This part of the exercise is for flexibility of the lips and the muscles around the mouth and nose, breathing normally, pronounce the vowel sounds "Ah," "Oh," "Ee", and "Uh". Repeat ten times. The right foods and supplements For glowing skin Good skin isn't just an "outside" job. The skin is a mirror for the health of your inside as well as your outside.
Take antioxidant vitamins and eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables daily. Limit caffeine, and cut down as much as possible on high-glycemic-index foods such as cookies, candies, pies, cakes and non-whole-grain bread, all of which can cause fluid retention from excess insulin secretion.
FIBRE: Make sure that you're getting enough fibre. Nothing shows up on the skin faster than chronic constipation. I've seen many cases of acne clear beautifully once bowel function is normalised. One of the most effective ways to do this is simply by eating 1/4 cup of ground golden flaxseed each day. In addition to the 11-plus grams of fibre you'll get, flaxseeds are also loaded with skin-beautifying omega-3 fatty acids and phytoestrogens. Fruits and vegetables are also rich in fibre in addition to their antioxidants.
WATER: You may also see a dramatic improvement in your skin if you drink eight 8-oz glasses of water per day.
FISH: Fish, especially salmon, sardines, and swordfish, is rich in both the omega-3 fats, which are important for building healthy cell membranes everywhere in the body and DMAE, the antioxidant cell stabiliser.
SOY: One of the most common benefits women notice after several months of supplementing their diets with significant amounts of soy protein (100-160 mg of soy isoflavones per day) is an improvement in their skin tone, hair, and nails. Soy's phytoestrogen content helps strengthen collagen everywhere in the body, whether in facial skin, or bone.
Image Source: Getty