Causes of Split Ends
Feb 05, 2013
Split ends can be a major problem. They occur when the protective cuticle wears down from the ends of hair. When the cuticle is damaged, hair usually splits at the end of the hair forming a Y-shape. There are a number of things that you can do to arrest the problem of split ends. They are:
- Do not shampoo your hair every day. If you have to do, use a mild shampoo.
- After shampooing, use a moisturising conditioner.
- Do not brush or comb your hair when it is wet. Use your fingers to detangle your hair or use a wide-toothed brush.
- Avoid using blow dryers, curling irons and flat ironers often. These are known to cause or worsen split ends. When you use curling irons and flat irons, ensure that your hair is completely dry and use a hair serum to protect your hair from heat.
- Massage your hair with warm coconut, olive or mustard oil for at least 10-15 minutes twice a week.
- Trim your hair once every three months.
So, get going trim them and take care of your cascading tresses.