Gajar ka halwa is an all time favorite Indian dessert. Gajar halwa, gajrela and there are many other carrot made desserts that you cannot resist drooling at. Apart from an indispensable ingredient for authentic Indian desserts, carrots are counted as the healthiest vegetable. It can help you prevent many heart diseases, help you stabilize blood pressure, it can boost your immune, help in fixing digestive issues, also prevents the risk of cancer, it improves eyesight, solves oral troubles, reduces risks of strokes by 68% and also is good for diabetes.
Such a healthy food as vegetable can be an ideal ingredient for healthy dishes. That is why we bring you carrot kheer with other ingredients that will help you lose weight. yes, this carrot kheer recipe here can help you lose weight.
Ingredients for carrot kheer:
- Freshly Crushed Cardamom – 1/2 tsp
How to prepare gajar kheer
- Take carrots and peel them.
- Grate all the carrots. Cover them and keep them aside.
- Slice the almonds and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and cook cashew nuts, almonds until they turn light brown and then add raisins and cook for another 20 to 30 seconds.
- Take another vessel, boil milk and simmer on low flame until the consistency is thick.
- Now, add the grated carrots to the boiling milk and the dry fruits. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame while stirring continuously, until the carrots become soft.
- Now, add another ½ cup of milk. Cover the pan and let the carrots simmer on low flame for 6 to 8 minutes until the carrots are cooked well.
- When cooked, take ¾ parts of cooked carrots and make a paste. Do not have to use any water, just 1 or 2 tbsp of milk.
- After making the paste, add it back to the cooked carrots and the remaining milk.
- Add sugar and mix well, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the dry fruits, a pinch of cardamom powder and cook for another 5 minutes on low flame.
- You can either serve it warm or just serve it cold.
Image source: Getty